Monday, November 10, 2008

Life is short

This was my first thought when I woke up this morning with a 5 year old's leg slung over my shoulder and a fat, purring cat sprawled across my back.

I woke from a dream where Lily and I were friends with Billy Joel and were invited to his house for a playdate with his children. Yeah, I know he only has one grown daughter. I'm from Long Island. Pipe down.

So, we were given very strange and secret mapquest directions and drove to his house on a four-wheeler because we had to take all these dusty back roads. Then we got to his mansion and Christie Brinkley was living there, in her own section of the house. And I was like, awww, it's so cool that they are keeping it friendly for the kids.

Hmmmm. Wonder what's been going through my brain lately?

So, we had birthday party number 3 yesterday, and all I can say is thank the holy ghost all that crap is over. Lily managed to keep her Princess Leia buns on all day though, and dang, she looked cute.

I'm going to try and practice meditative breathing this week. Life is short. Why be a hater?

Leia.


Help me, Baby Wan Kenobi. You're my only hope. Omglol

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

She does look really cute. 8^)

But, wait, are you Christie Brinkley, or Billy Joel?









('cause Billy Joel is H-O-T)

Warped Mind of Ron said...

I want a mansion that you have to take a 4 wheeler to get to!!! Well to be quite honest I want a mansion with Christie Brinkley in it too :P

Blank said...

Let me know how the breathing works out, I bitched out some kid at the Barnes and Noble yesterday and I have felt pretty good since then.

I guess a rotten mood is like a cold, you have to give to someone else.

Booya said...

Those directions where so secret that they were on mapquest? lol.

I am so glad that I am not the only one who has crazy dreams. Some of mine make me want to check into a nut house.

LẌ said...

That is some cute princess!

Did Billy scare the children with his bug-eyes?




PS: I posted the tag thingie.

Anonymous said...

i'm totally riding your four-wheeler this weekend.

Memphis said...

Her eyes are HUGE!

I'm Scooter, but I might be a troll. said...

Hmm. Long Island must be a magical place, seeing that you write such fanciful tales...

Prunella Jones said...

Laugh it up, fuzzball.

What an adorable princess!

Anonymous said...

Do you seriously let Jeremy drive off-road? That's dirty.

nitewalk6 said...

Your offspring is cute.

My mansion has a moat, boat required!

Do practice your breathing, we teach it to our clients.

Brown said...

That baby looks more like Mace Windu.

Krissyface said...

Jack, I'm neither. Gross. And yes, I'm all about the dirty.

Ron, In the dream she was all wrinkly and plastic-surgeryish. Kind of like in real life, I suppose.

Steve, good for you. Was it in the self-help section, I hope?

Booya, Yeah, good point. But it was a dream, dude.

XL, I will go read your meme. Finally, fucker.

J-not if I ride yours first.

Steve, right? She gets that from babydaddy. The color is mine though.

Nitewalk, what clients?

Poop, who?