Sunday, January 13, 2008

Nuggets of Wisdom from Lily Alice, Part IV



So tonight Lily and I are cleaning up from dinner, and we start talking about babies.

Lily: "Only Mommies can have a baby."

Me: "Yes. True."

Lily: "Not Daddies though."

Me: "No. But Daddies do help to create the baby. Remember, I told you how Moms and Dads make a baby?"

Lily: "I know how animals make babies."

Me: "OK."

Lily: "The Mama goes underneath, and the Daddy goes on the top, and they push and they push and they make the baby."

Pause

Lily: "Is that how people make a baby too?"

Me: "Um. Yeah... Pretty much."

5 comments:

Prunella Jones said...

I remember asking my mom how babies are made and she said "in the mom's tummy by God." After that I never wanted to go to church for fear of getting knocked up.

Anonymous said...

My, such a long...neck.

Krissyface said...

My mom just told me to make a wish to god and the baby would appear.
That started me on a serious agnostic track because I figured if it was true for babies, it must be true for ponies, blonde hair, and little brothers. I never got any of that crap either.

jespur said...

My 7 year old son announced that when his kids are growing up they will be called the backwards "long bad b-word" (bastard). Why? "because I am going to have kids with so many wives no one will know who their mother is." Ok, but you can have lots of girlfriends and not marry or make babies with them. "No, I want to marry them and make babies." Well, having more than one wife is illegal. "What if I get married in different churches?"

One mom to another, I say lock up your daughters-- Here comes trouble!

Krissyface said...

Miss Jessica...
I knew that gorgeous little Jack was trouble the minute I saw those eyes...

He's bringin polygamy back, yeah...